Sunday, 28 May 2017

Man arrested in Old Trafford on suspicion of terror offences



A 25-year-old man has been arrested in Old Trafford on suspicion of terror offences, Greater Manchester Police has said.
 
In total 14 people have been arrested in connection with the investigation into Monday's attack at the Manchester Arena - and 12 men remain in custody for questioning.


Officers investigating the attack have carried out two search warrants on Sunday, in Rusholme and Gorton. The searches remain ongoing.


That followed a warrant at an address on Moss Side. Residents on Selworthy Road claimed that an explosion happened as the raid began - but police have not commented on whether a controlled explosion was used to gain entrance to the property.


Earlier on Sunday, Home Secretary Amber Rudd said investigators cannot be entirely sure that Salman Abedi's terror network has been dismantled - and warned other members of the bomber's group are "potentially" still at large.


Police have issued CCTV images of Abedi in a plea for information about his movements in the days before the explosion targeting a sold-out Ariana Grande concert, which killed 22 people.


The NHS says 54 people injured in the attack are still being treated in eight hospitals, and 19 patients are receiving critical care.




SKY     News.