Saturday, 17 June 2017

Judge declares a mistrial in Bill Cosby sex assault case



A judge has declared a mistrial in the Bill Cosby sex assault case because the jury says it is hopelessly deadlocked.
 
At a hearing, the jury said it could not reach a unanimous verdict on any of the counts being faced by the TV entertainer.


Cosby had been accused of sexually assaulting Andrea Constand at his Philadelphia mansion in 2004.


Andrea Constand (centre)


The jury had been deliberating for more than 50 hours on whether to convict the fallen TV star, but could not agree whether he had drugged and molested the 44-year-old.


Cosby's wife Camille has condemned those who pursued the case - describing the district attorney as "heinously and exploitively ambitious", and the judge as "overtly arrogant".


Montgomery County will retry Cosby on all three counts. Prosecutor Kevin Steele announced the decision as O’Neill released Cosby who remains charged and on bail in this county on three counts of aggravated sexual assault

Cosby was  all smiles as he arrived at court on Friday, anticipating the dealocked jury might have good news for him today





SKY     News.