Thursday, 22 June 2017

Prince Philip leaves hospital after treatment for infection



The Duke of Edinburgh has left hospital after being treated for an infection for two nights.
 
The illness had forced him to miss the State Opening of Parliament.


Prince Philip was admitted to a private hospital in London on Tuesday evening suffering from an infection arising as a result of a pre-existing condition.


He was described as being in "good spirits" during his stay, which had been recommended as a precautionary measure by his doctor.


The Duke left from the back of King Edward VII Hospital on Thursday morning and was driven away.


Philip, 96, announced in May that he is to retire from public duties in the autumn.


He is a patron, president or member of more than 780 organisations, which he will continue to support.
 
 
He was treated for a blocked coronary artery in 2011 and a bladder infection in 2012, but has enjoyed good health for most of his life.


Buckingham Palace has said his decision to retire is not health related.


On the first day of Royal Ascot on Tuesday Prince Philip accompanied the Queen and other members of the Royal Family in a public appearance, and was on "good form" according to a source.


The State Opening of Parliament on Wednesday saw Prince Charles accompany the Queen in his father's absence.


The Duke once remarked that he roughly follows the Atkins diet, and is said to be an advocate of healthy eating and exercise.




SKY    News.