Wednesday, 29 November 2017

Saudi Prince Miteb bin Abdullah freed, say officials



Saudi Prince Miteb bin Abdullah has been released more than three weeks after he was detained on allegations of corruption, officials have said.

 
Prince Miteb, once seen as a contender to the throne, was freed after agreeing an "acceptable settlement" with authorities of more than $1bn (£750m).


He was one of more than 200 princes, ministers and businessmen detained in an anti-corruption drive on 4 November.


At least three others have also agreed settlements, the officials said.


"Yes, Prince Miteb was released this morning [Tuesday]," a source close to the government told the Agence France-Presse news agency.
The prince has so far not commented, and it was not clear whether he was now able to move freely or whether he was under some form of house arrest.





BBC      News.