Thursday, 22 February 2018

Head of Ford's US operations leaves over inappropriate behaviour

The head of Ford's US operations is leaving the company immediately following an internal investigation into inappropriate behaviour.

The carmaker said its inquiry had concluded that some of Raj Nair's actions had been "inconsistent with the company's code of conduct".

Ford did not specify why the investigation was started nor what it uncovered.

Mr Nair said in a statement that "I sincerely regret" certain behaviour.

Ford President and Chief Executive Jim Hackett said in a statement: "We made this decision after a thorough review and careful consideration. Ford is deeply committed to providing and nurturing a safe and respectful culture and we expect our leaders to fully uphold these values."
Mr Nair had been President of Ford North America since 1 July. He was previously head of global product development and chief technical officer.

He apologised, without elaborating on the reasons for his going.

"I sincerely regret that there have been instances where I have not exhibited leadership behaviours consistent with the principles that the company and I have always espoused," Mr Nair said.

He added: "I continue to have the utmost faith in the people of Ford Motor Company and wish them continued success in the future."

A spokesman for the US's second biggest carmaker said the company would not be commenting on the nature of Mr Nair's departure.

BBC           News.