Friday, 6 July 2018

British holidaymakers urged to be on alert for terror attacks overseas over summer as millions prepare for summer breaks abroad



British holidaymakers have been urged to be on alert for terror attacks overseas as millions prepare for summer breaks abroad.
 
Counter-terror chiefs have issued a fresh appeal calling for people to watch a safety video depicting a firearms attack unfolding to ensure they know how to react.


The four-minute video was created in the wake of the deadly Sousse attack in Tunisia in 2015, in which 30 Britons were among 38 victims killed when a gunman opened fire at a beach resort.


Following the atrocity, there are now 46 British counter-terrorism police liaison officers based overseas, compared with 23 two years ago.


However, police emphasised there is no specific information that Britons will be targeted while abroad this summer.


Chief Superintendent Nick Aldworth said: "The chances of being caught up in a terrorist incident are still low but sadly we have seen atrocities take place in the UK and abroad, especially last year.


British holidaymakers have been told to be on alert for terror attacks overseas. Pic: Counter Terrorism Policing


"So it is important everyone stays alert and knows what to do if the worst was to happen.


"We want people to think of this in the same way they do the safety film airlines show before take-off.

"They don't expect anything bad to happen but it is a sensible safety precaution to show people what to do."


British holidaymakers have been told to be on alert for terror attacks overseas. Pic: Counter Terrorism Policing





SKY        News.